Below are a few videos to help troubleshoot your Bruno Stairlift. Most of the time, following a few simple steps in these videos will remedy the issue. If that doesn’t work we offer in-home stairlift repair service at a flat rate of $300 (for existing customers) plus any parts that might be needed. If you purchased your lift from another dealer, your initial service call is $400. Once the initial visit is complete any further service will be charged at our flat $300 fee. Our service trucks are stocked with most parts and we should be able to get your lift repaired on the first visit. We apologize about the inconvenience and hope to have your lift up and running ASAP. For stairlift repair service, call us at: (855) 562-6347
Are you sure the beeping is coming from the lift? (and not from a smoke alarm, CO2 detector, microwave or other home appliance)
- You’d be surprised how many times we go out on service calls to address a beeping stairlift, only to find that it’s time to replace the batteries in the smoke alarm or CO2 detector!
How many beeps is the stairlift making and how often is this occurring?
- Single beep = check seat swivel, armrests and footrest and any obstructions
- Continuous beep = unit is not charging (either not fully on the charging station or the charger has come unplugged)
Is there a flashing alpha/numeric code displayed on your Elite or Curve Stairlift unit?
- Please note that the codes will change and flash as the lift is self-checking and displaying status codes during normal operations
- If the same code is flashing repeatedly, that is indicative if a diagnostic fault or problem with the lift. Please refer to the chart below. (Some codes might not be displayed on this chart, however the list below contains the most common fault codes)
When was your last service call or annual maintenance?
- Annual maintenance does actually mean every year, but we understand that time can pass and things get forgotten. If it’s been 3-4 years since your last service call, you’re probably due for some new batteries and a safety inspection of the unit.
Is the lift plugged in?
- We are happy to come out and assess the situation- but the service fee can seem a bit ridiculous for something as simple as fixing a lift that accidentally was unplugged.
Are the status indicator lights ON on the transformer/charger? Was there a power outage recently?
- There should always be at least two lights displayed on your Elite stairlift charger to indicate normal operations.
- Red= power on
- Red and yellow = battery is charging
- Red and green = battery is fully charged
- Elan stairlifts will only have one light (see chart below)
Stairlift Repair Videos
General trouble shooting video for Bruno Stairlift
Turning off a Bruno Elite stairlift
Turning off a Bruno Elan stairlift
Replacing battery in stairlift remote
Greasing a stair lift rail
Maintenance on a straight stairlift including Bruno Elan and Elite
Cleaning a Bruno Curved stairlift
Turning off a Bruno curved stairlift
Connecting a charger cable to a Bruno straight stairlift